The Alleghenies Chapter of the Liberty Region provides support to members in western Pennsylvania through programs and events, legislative efforts, and owner education. This chapter operates under the auspices of the Liberty Region, in a service area from Pittsburgh to Erie, and east to State College, PA. We help advance the DBIA’s and the Liberty Region’s promise of local delivery of quality design-build education and training, by focusing on membership development, advocacy, and dissemination of technical and educational information. The Alleghenies Chapter welcomes member practitioners from all project phases (i.e. architect, engineer, constructor, and subcontractors/trades), as well as public and private sector project owners, consultants/owner representatives, students and members of academia. We promote and support the mission and objectives of the DBIA, and enhance the benefits of DBIA membership within the Region by:
- Providing educational and networking opportunities for design and construction industry practitioners and both public and private industry owners who have an interest in the design – build method of project delivery;
- Improving communications, knowledge and relationships among all industry participants in the design-build project delivery process;
- Supporting, in the public interest, the design-build method of project delivery and integrated services through publications, public forums, government relations and legislative efforts;
- Promoting and growing DBIA membership in support of Chapter, Region and National DBIA activities and initiatives; and
- Providing local opportunities for member contact and involvement.
In keeping with DBIA National’s 2017 -2019 strategic planning priorities, The Alleghenies Chapter is focused on defining, teaching, and promoting design-build construction methodology best practices; leveraging the existing strengths of design-build; and delivering high-value content to all stakeholders that will universalize Design-Build Done Right.
President Trump is pushing the deadline for his promised steel tariff sanctions on the European Union, Canada, and Mexico to to June 1. Trump did reach preliminary agreements with with Australia,...read more
DBIA Liberty’s Alleghenies Chapter kick-off Thursday, April 5th brought together contractors, architects, consultants, lawyers, and insurance professionals to learn about and celebrate the growth of...read more
Join DBIA Liberty’s newest chapter on Thursday, April 5th at The Chadwick in Wexford, PA for an evening of networking and celebration. The DBIA Liberty Alleghenies Chapter is hosting the...read more
This year DBIA celebrates its 25th anniversary with a variety of events and programs throughout the year. Visit the anniversary website for a sample of things to come, including new design-build...read more